Tuesday, March 10, 2009

First Shooting Assignment

Depth of Field Pictures:
In this photo the shutter speed was set at 500 and the f-stop at f/8.
I focused on the flowers.

The shutter speed was again set at 500 and f-stop f/8.
I focused on the bird bath in this one.

Once again the shutter speed was 500 and f-stop f/8.
I focused on the chair.



Pictures for Motion or Stop Action:
In this photo the shutter speed was set at 60 and the f-stop f/22.



The shutter speed was set at 100 and the f-stop at f/16 in this photo.



In this one the shutter speed was 250 and the f-stop f/11.



The shutter speed was 500 and the f-stop f/8.
This photo is the clearest out of all of them I noticed.
The faster the shutter speed is, definitely makes a difference.




Portraits and Depth of Field:
In this portrait the shutter speed was set at 100 and the f-stop at f/11.
I focused on the eyes.




The shutter speed was once again 100 and f-stop f/11.
I focused on the nose in this one.




The shutter speed was 100 and f-stop f/11.
I focused on the right ear.




In this portrait the shutter speed was changed to 500 and f-stop f/5.6.
I focused on the eyes again.





The shutter speed was again 500 and f-stop f/5.6.
I focused on the mouth.






The shutter speed was 500 and f-stop f/5.6.
I focused on the right ear once again.







Random pictures for more practice with depth of field and stop motion:
In this photo I had the shutter speed set at 500 and the f-stop at f/5.6.
I focused on the center of the flower.





The shutter speed was again 500 and f-stop f/5.6.
I focused on the center of the flower again.





In this one the shutter speed was 100 and f-stop f/11.
I focused on the center.





The shutter speed was 100 and f-stop f/11.
Focus is on the center.




The shutter speed setting was 100 and f-stop f/16.




The shutter speed was again 100 and f-stop f/16.




In this photo the shutter speed was 500 and the f-stop f/8.




The shutter speed was 500 and f-stop f/8.





















6 comments:

  1. Hey, nice photos. How are u liking this course so far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm really liking the course. It's definitely helping me learn a lot more about taking pics. Are you taking the course too? How are you liking it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am taking the course, but I have read lots of books so the course is kind of a review. I am still learning some stuff though.
    Its fun,
    Jacob

    p.s. Do you have a facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's cool! Yeah, I do have a facebook :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, what is your last name so I can add you as my friend?

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha oh yeah, i guess you need that huh? my last name is Huff.

    ReplyDelete